Sunday, March 27, 2016

Introduction

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my blog!  

Because you actually made it here, I want to take a moment to say Bravo! and ask for a round of applause!

*Claps*

I have made attempts at blogs before, once with a fake name (and although some of my posts were compelling I just didn't feel connected to my writing enough that way), and once recently on Facebook, where I tried to box off one section of myself (being a Mom, which is fantastic), which just didn't feel free enough for me.

Here I am, making a compromise, and finally willing (reluctantly) to accept that the people that I love will probably read all the things that I don't want them to know about, and have so delicately avoided going into detail about all these years. 

I have, however, decided with great conviction, that if I want to live for myself and other people, I have to finally sacrifice the last thing that is keeping me from becoming a butterfly. 

My name is René Mason, and for those of you who do not know how to add a forward facing accent over an e, it's really quite simple.  Hold ALT while you hit 0233 on the number pad and voila!  I am 23 years old and I am the mother to a gorgeous 4 month old son, and the cute girlfriend of his Daddy, AKA my boyfriend John.  We are very happy together, since he is extremely loving and generous, works hard so that I can be a stay at home Mom and pursue my dreams, and let me be the dramatic star of my own life, which I love!
He is quite eccentric himself, but definitely in a more subtle way, and I will try to refrain from exploiting all of his idiosyncratic tendencies in one blog post; but as he is around for much of my life, I hope he becomes beloved by you all as he is to me.

I grew up in Nashville.  Both my parents are still alive-but divorced.  I have a younger brother and a younger sister.  We have 2 dogs, Amber and Pepper, who are complete opposites, both very stubborn, but very loving.

I have an extensive list of things I would like to do, including but not limited to, becoming a photographer, an event planner, and a writer.  I would like to be accomplished in those things, not just a hobbyist.  It would also be cool if I could get a couple songs published.

I also want to throw in that I am actually a quite a bashful person by nature, but I have always really enjoyed attention and find it slightly exhilarating to overcome my shyness by being silly without remorse.  It has actually become such a norm that while I am sure there are prudish people that would be embarrassed to be seen with me, I am usually the first one to entertain myself and sometimes other as I bust a [very dorky looking] move when a fun song comes on.

So, if you are interested in the things that I have to say, PLEASE let me, The Bashful Entertainer, AKA René, know so that when I'm feeling lazy and I don't want to write I can use the ol' saying, "I have to write!!!! My fans are counting on me!!!"

Tootles,

-René


No comments:

Post a Comment