Friday, June 17, 2016

The Engagement...Part 2

It was a magical day!  First of all the dogs weren't pooping on the floor.  I spent the whole day in suspense of what the secret that John was keeping could be.

The day went on for eternity!  The plan was that we would go to my Mom's to have cake and then she would watch Baby John while we went to dinner and to play pool afterwards.

When 5 o'clock finally rolled around we left the house and stopped by Kmart and I bought a really cute pair of shoes and a cute pair of white sandals to wear with my outfit!  Later that night I taught John how to bend them to help break them in! He had never heard of that before!

We left Kmart and pulled into my Mom's driveway.  John grabbed the car seat and I led the way to the door where my Mom peered out to check and see if we were there.

I opened the door and walked in and "SURPRISE!!!!" Almost my whole family was standing there smiling and waiting for me!!!

I could not believe it!!!!

My whole life I wanted someone to throw me a surprise party, and this incredible man remembered me telling him that.  I really couldn't believe it!  I stood there like a deer caught in the headlights.

I hugged my Grandma, my Aunt Erin, my Mom, my brother and his girlfriend Baylee, my cousins, my Uncle Greg.  I couldn't believe he had hid it so well!  He had been so secretive but I really did not see the surprise party coming.  John is the sweetest man I have ever dated.

We ate pizza and hung out and then had a really yummy chocolate cake with peanut butter cups inside! My Mom makes really good cake!

Then we went out to play pool at Bailey's.  I really need to play pool more often.  I was getting really good there for a while until I got to be about 6 months pregnant and then it all went down hill from there.  My belly got in the way while I could still play, and then I had baby John and barely played until this night.  It was pretty rough my friend.  My ultimate life goal is to have a pool table in my house.  That's it.  That's all I want.  HAHA!

Then we decided to go over to Music Valley Drive to the Nashville Palace, where my Dad plays in a really great band.  It's good ole country music, and it really makes you want to dance! I LOVE to dance!!! John says he's not a very good dancer, but he danced to 3 or 4 songs with me, and I taught him the basic footwork of the Texas Two Step and he did really great!!! We had some good fries and fried pickles too.

It started to get late and we decided to go.  We headed out to the car and that's when John took my hand and started to walk across the parking lot.

"Let's walk for a little.  I want to walk off those fries," he said.

I laughed, "Okay."  What did that even mean? Walk off those fries?  We hadn't been overly stuffed with fries so I was kind of confused, but I love romantic walks at night so I went along with it without too many questions.

We walked diagonally across the parking lot and then started walking past the closed but well lit shops in the strip.  We passed the Earnest Tub Record shop, a Wedding Chapel that was surprisingly nice inside, and other random stores.  From across the lot I pointed to the Music City Bar and Grill, "That's where we had our first date!"  I exclaimed.

"Yeah, and where you read me the letter," he said.

We walked and talked and eventually ended standing in front of the Music City Bar and Grill.  There were some loud drunk people and a black car was pulled up in front of the bar.

John stopped. "Looks like they are taking an Uber."

"Yeahhh," I answered, kind of awkwardly standing there.  He pulled me into a hug.  It was cute. What was going on....
We stood there all huggy and cute until the car left, taking the drunk people with it.

John took my hands.
"René.  I love you very much, and I have been waiting for the right time to do this," and he got down on one knee and I turned around and covered my mouth, "Oh my God!" I said.  I turned back to him and he pulled out a little box, and said, "Will you marry me?"

"Holy crap yes!"  I said.

It was so magical and incredible and I couldn't believe it!  He had completely thrown me off with the surprise party! I ran back into the Nashville Palace to tell my Dad!! Becky (the bassist and singer in the band) announced it to everyone! It was one of the most exciting days of my life.

John explained the ring he gave me is a stand in ring.  It's the ring his Dad gave his Mom, but he originally gave it to another girl and wanted me to have a ring that was only ever given to me.  Let me tell you, he is really outdoing himself with the real ring! That thing is serious!  I went in to have it fitted, so it looks weird on my hand, but you can see how gorgeous it is!



 So now you know how it happened!  I'm so excited and I can't wait to set a date and start making plans!!!

Hope you guys have a great day:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment